[argyllcms] Re: dcraw outlined, annotated, and un-Dnged

On 2/13/10, Lars Tore Gustavsen <lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes I have tested it now. It worked very well with an old target I
> found on my harddrive. I have to investigate further the dcraw -g
> option.  It would be nice if you in the documentation show us your
> full dcraw command in the documentation.
>
> A file named colprof.inverse worked if I changed the Canon EOS 400D", 0,
> 0xe8e,
> line to my camera
> Canon EOS 10D", 0, 0xfa0,
> I guess you now this, but maybe other have the same problem.
>
> I had of course some rounds to get this working. I found one way to
> check if the result was correct. I compared the icc matrix against the
> matrix in the tiff file outputted from dcraw-undngd -o 2. Like this:
> $exiftool -RedMatrixColumn -GreenMatrixColumn -BlueMatrixColumn
> tifffile.tiff
> $iccdump -v 3 -t rXYZ -t gXYZ -t bXYZ cameraprofile.icc
> In the end they matched. My problems turned out to be space and comma
> problems.

Hi Lars,
Good to hear it worked for you.

If you run dcraw-unDnged with the "-v" switch it will print out a
whole lot of information about what dcraw is doing as it processes
your image, including the matrices used along the way.

I am working on improving the documentation. The "-g" switch is
something Dave Coffin just recently added to dcraw.

Regards,
Elle