[argyllcms] Re: dcraw outlined, annotated, and un-Dnged

  • From: Hening Bettermann <hein.be@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 19:45:10 +0100

On 11.Feb.2010, at 20:30, Elle Stone wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I just posted a copy of dcraw code, modified to use camera primaries
> generated by colprof when making a matrix profile. The code can be
> found here:
>
> http://www.dustystones.com/dcraw-unDnged/dcraw-unDnged.html
>
> In an effort to understand dcraw code, starting with that unsettling
> sRGB D65 matrix at the top of the code, I made a lot of annotations
> and a full outline of the image processing portions of the dcraw code.
> Hopefully others might find the annotations useful. Feedback to make
> my annotations and/or modified code more useful is more than welcome.
>
> Regards,
> Elle Stone

Hi Elle!

This looks like a great project to me.

"I use linux. This code, as is, won't compile under windows."

Then it won't under MacOSX either, I assume?
In case it will anyway, and in case I will be able to do my part:

Under 0.3.1 GOALS: you write
"(1) Un-Dng dcraw, That is, replace the Dng-derived camera coefficients with
camera coefficients derived from Argyllcms colprof matrix profiles"

Is it restricted to *matrix* profiles? I get much lower dE values with LUT
profiles.

In any case, your text is already working on me with goal (2): "Gain a better
understanding of what dcraw does when it renders a raw file."

Best regards - Hening.