[argyllcms] Re: colprof Not enough memory to process in chunks

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <profiling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 01:28:25 +0100

Hi.

Marko Milisavljevic wrote:

Here are contents of file I cannot
process better then -qm. Command I'm using is colprof -qX
RGB-210-patch and I get

colprof: Warning - Reverse Cell Cache exausted, processing in chunks
colprof: Error - Not enough memory to process in chunks

Just for kicks I tried your command and .ti3 file here on my Linux laptop with 1GB of memory (+512M swap) - and while I saw the warning line about processing in chunks, it did eventually complete - I didn't see the "Not enough memory" message. The memory usage seemed to be around the 500 meg mark. Does OS X have the "ulimit" command? If so, it might be worth checking to see if there's perhaps a 512 meg limit in operation, and whether it can be lifted?

Anyhow, looking at the results of colprof, the fitting error report looks good: profile check complete, peak err = 1.775392, avg err = 0.554139 amd the results of converting a Granger rainbow to the generated profile and back again are "interesting" (especially for greens!), but perfectly plausible for such an inkset.

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson