[argyllcms] Re: camera calibration targets

  • From: nino loss <nino@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 12:33:56 +0300

There is a similarly priced target from BasICColor called "dcam target+", only it has more patches and has an integrated light-trap, something that came up on this list in previous discussions about an ideal target. It's printed on Fuji Digital Paper semimatt. In this regard the ColorChecker SG should be better. Has anyone tried to use it with Argyll? I understand, that the values in the .cie reference file will have to be rearranged. The file says a Barbieri Spectro100xy was used.

kind regards

nino

  nino@xxxxxxxx +972(0)527-673-119

On 8/3/2011 3:36 AM, nino loss wrote:
What would be in favor of the ColorChecker SG? The semi gloss?

  nino@xxxxxxxx +972(0)527-673-119

On 8/3/2011 3:31 AM, adam k wrote:
How about colorchecker from Xrite?

Sent from iPhone 4

On Aug 2, 2011, at 7:10 PM, "Guy K. Kloss"<guy.kloss@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 9:22:32 AM Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
I personally like the CMP Digital Target:

http://www.cmp-color.fr/eng%20digital%20target.html

I have the old 3 target, not the new version 4...

But the target has two advantages, 1 there are a lot of patches, and
actually more important it's a matte target, which means getting
proper exposures without any reflections is pretty easy.
+1

Similar experience here. In many cases the Wolf Faust target (which I also like) was just too glossy and was quite bothersome in use. My experience is also only with the Digital Target 003, but I suppose the production style
(media used) has remained the same.

Just make sure you take good care of the surface of it, and keep it nicely
wrapped in the protective/shielding envelopes it's shipped in.

Guy

--
Guy K. Kloss
School of Computing + Mathematical Sciences