[argyllcms] Re: camera calibration targets

I think the Colorchecker SG uses real world pigments for the patches (instead of a mixture of a few for the whole target). That should, as I understand, greatly improve the issues with metamerism. I read that the CMP-color target is a inkjet print.

  nino

On 8/8/2011 9:21 AM, Guy K. Kloss wrote:
On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 12:36:42 PM nino loss wrote:
What would be in favor of the ColorChecker SG? The semi gloss?
For me it was definitely a question of price. ColorChecker SG was quite
pricey. The Digital Target by CMP was (I believe) EUR 95, the Wolf Faust C1
was only EUR 25, whereas the Xrite ColorChecker SG is ~ EUR 270.

Funding is tight in New Zealand, so we've opted for the "normal" ColorChecker
(24 patch, which we needed anyway) plus the Wolf Faust and Christophe Metarie
targets, giving us three options.

And reviews I've read before the purchase were very positive for the Digital
Target by CMP.

Guy