[argyllcms] Re: argyllcms Digest V9 #99

  • From: Vincent McIntyre <vincent.mcintyre@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 09:59:11 +1000

> Would there be any clues in the xorg log in /var/log? The contents are
> meaningless to me, but I do see that the same three lines that got
> printed to the log right after I used "dispwin -c" to clear the
> unwanted videolut information, also appear three times previously in
> the log, during the system startup.
>
> Perhaps someone else who isn't intentionally loading or clearing
> videolut information on startup might be willing to use "dispwin -s
> check.cal" to see if something is loading the same videolut on their
> computer?

I think you may get some clues from running strace, something like:

  strace -o strace.log -s 2048 -f  <program>

strace.log will have a (somewhat overwhelming at first) log of which
files are being opened, closed, and read from or written to. The trick
would be figuring out which <program> to
test with... I guess dispwin -s  ? Possibly even the X server but
that's tricker to set up.

Another thing to try is a cron job that checks every minute for the
offending file
and logs when it is found, something like
 #!/bin/sh
 TARGET=/path/to/file
 LOG=/var/tmp/test.log
 [ -f $TARGET ] || exit 0