[argyllcms] Re: VS-2010 Express project file for compiling ArgyllCMS in Windows?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 11:03:00 +1000

János, Tóth F. wrote:
> I tried to compile the current developer code with VS2012 (minimal install).

I've not looked beyond VC++10, since I couldn't get it to run correctly,
and MS seems to not want me to use it on XP anyway. MingW doesn't
have those sort of problems, nor does it suffer from
"Side-by-side assembly Hell".

It fails with:

Link_ imdi\imdi_make.exe
 MSVCRT.lib(crtexe.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__EncodePointer@4
referenced  in function _pre_c_init
MSVCRT.lib(atonexit.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__EncodePointer@4
MSVCRT.lib(atonexit.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__DecodePointer@4 referenced in function __onexit
imdi\imdi_make.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

Possibly this is because I'm using WinXP as a build machine, although
XP SP2 is listed as supported for EncodePointer(), so perhaps something
else is awry, such as not installing or finding the correct
libraries. I haven't had the time to try and figure it out.

> LINK : fatal error LNK1318:Cc_ numlib\LUtest.obj
> Unexpected PDB error; ACCESS_DENIED (15) 'D:\Argyll_V1.6.0_beta\NONE'
> LUtest.c

No idea what that's about.

> Sorry, now I see that jambase doesn't support VC++11 yet.
> I added a dirty workaround for the MSVC version detection and everything
> got built without further errors. This was actually easier and faster than
> using MinGW.

OK, I'll add the obvious thing to the Jambase to recognise VC++11.