[argyllcms] Re: Using an i1 to measure FWA content?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 22:30:22 +1100

Martin Weberg wrote:

That's what I've been thinking. If the UV filter goes in both
directions, which I assume, why do we get reflectance below 400nm? No
UV wavelength's are emitted to the paper and no UV wavelength's
reaches the measurement device.

Actually if you look closely at the filter, it only filters
the light source. This make sense if you want to still measure
reflectance below 420nm, as filtering the sensor will simply
reduce sensitivity at those wavelengths.