[argyllcms] Re: R: Re: Hints to profile my DSLR camera

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 12:10:59 +1100

Umberto Guidali wrote:
just a litte question: is it enaught the "classic" 24 clolor colorchecker
Xrtite (colorchecker passport) in order to have a good profile?

It depends on what sort of profile your are trying to make. You might be
able to make a satisfactory matrix type profile with the very small
number of steps, but there simply aren't enough patches to have
confidence in a cLUT type profile.

About sacanin command I must use the colorchecker.cht stored in \argylll\ref
in scanin command as a regogin file? And last where I can find a reference
file for my colorchecker passport that describe the right values for the
color paths?

Good question. Ideally you would measure your particular chart with an
instrument, and use that. In argyll/ref there should be a ColorChecker.cie that
has the Gretag reference/aim values for the chart, but I notice that
it is missing from the distribution, so I've attached it to this email.

You could also check <http://www.babelcolor.com/main_level/ColorChecker.htm>
which has a lot of information.

cheers,
        Graeme Gill.
IT8.7/2
ORIGINATOR "Graeme Gill, ArgyllCMS from Gretag Macbeth reference"
DESCRIPTOR "ColorChecker 24"
CREATED  "Feb 18, 2008"
MANUFACTURER "X-Rite/Gretag Macbeth"

NUMBER_OF_FIELDS 4