[argyllcms] Re: Hints to profile my DSLR camera

  • From: Davide <davide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 07:59:31 +0100

Pascal de Bruijn ha scritto:
On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 8:30 PM, Davide <davide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok now that I'll own soon my target to profile the DSLR camera I need more
hints to shoot the target.
Well my principal interests it's nature photography, so most of my shots are
taken in many different weather conditions.

For example I need to make a profile for cloudy/sunny/rainy weather?
Any suggestion it's welcome

I've had best results, shooting with sunny weather, and waiting until
the Sun is highest in the sky.

Then shooting multiple exposures, and selecting the best exposure in
my raw converter.

Then profile with -a s, I've had best results using single shaper profiles.

I wrote about it here:
http://blog.pcode.nl/2008/11/15/color-profiling-your-own-dslr-redux/

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn

The target must shoot 90° from the plane of the sensor or must be 45° when the sun is on zenith?

Regards,
Davide