[argyllcms] Re: Hints to profile my DSLR camera

  • From: Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 23:54:39 +0100

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 11:27 PM, Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2010 Jan 4, at 2:07 PM, Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
>
>> Especially since, you need your RAW converter to do absolutely no
>> color processing at all... just linear raw RGB...
>
> Linear RAW conversion still applies a color balance, at least in all the
> converters I've worked with.

Yes, of course... This is not what I ment...

The previous talk also went on about Canon Picture Styles (Standard,
Neutral, Faithful, Portrait, Landscape), which you do not want.

And again, white balancing on the most neutral patches of an IT8
target works wonderfully.

> What I personally want is the drag-to-select gray balance tool of UFRaw
> grafted onto DPP's processing (including lens aberration correction) wrapped
> in an interface as slick as ACR's. Is that too much to ask?

Ehrm... Have you recently tried UFRaw from CVS? UFRaw has lensfun,
which is fully automated lens aberration correction. Well if your lens
is pre calibrated, then it's fully automated.

If you're a Ubuntu person, you can find packages on my PPA.

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn