[argyllcms] Re: Hints to profile my DSLR camera

  • From: Milan Knížek <knizek.confy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 20:45:11 +0100

Iliah Borg píše v Po 04. 01. 2010 v 10:11 -0500:

> 2. Set white balance from some good reference grey.

This could be required for profiling camera JPEG image. But raw file? I
guess almost any raw converter allows for manual white balancing instead
of using camera pre-sets or custom camera white balance.

The IT8 target offers few grey-scale patches. Would these be more off
the actual grey then the white-balancing cards used by photographers? I
doubt so.

Or am I wrong?

regards,

Milan Knizek