[argyllcms] Re: Projector calibration

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 17:22:52 -0500

Graeme,

In view of Frédéric's experience below, I would really like to try Argyll
with my CS-100 colorimeter. It's easy for the CS-100 to measure the light
reflected by a projection screen but, alas, I don't have the interface for
my CS-100 (it needs a special custom on developped which is too expensive
for my budget today). So, I was wondering whether it would be possible to
have a switch in dispcal and dispwin to pause between each measurements to
let me input the Yxy measured by my CS-100? I was looking at modifying the
source code myself to do that but, for now, I really don't have enough c
under the belly to do this without breaking my neck (and going nuts).

> In fact, we made the complete profile with the first config (measuring
> reflected light on the screen). Then, we made a simple calibration with
> the second config (towards the projector, with diffusor on): loading the
> new lut values did not change much the results. Especially, we didn't
> notice a color cast. So, I presume it is a not so bad config (again, it
> will be the only one we will able to achieve for the large projection
> room).
>
> --
>    Frédéric

Roger Breton