[argyllcms] Re: CC Profiles In X Specification and dispwin

  • From: "Hal V. Engel" <hvengel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 14:53:09 -0800

On Sunday 13 January 2008 13:34:15 Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> What does you think about switching this discussion to the OpenICC email
> list? I think there are more people concered in operating systems and
> colour management.

I agree this should be talked about on the OpenICC list where this will be
exposed to people from a wide range of projects that have a stake in how this
should go forward.

I also agree that Oyranos is the closest thing we have at this point to
something that provides color management control panel functionality.  Most
DEs are currently broken (IE. they actually screw up things like video LUT
settings) or at best totally devoid of color management related
functionality.  So almost anything in this area would be an improvement.    I
am not sure how well the current Oyranos code has seperated its UI from the
underlaying CM functionality but if this is already clearly seperated or it
is close to that point then I think it would be a good starting point for
adding a CM control panel to various DEs.   Again this should be taken up on
OpenICC list.

Hal