[argyllcms] Re: Profiling flexo presses

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <blackfive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 19:21:46 +0100

Hi,

Roger Breton wrote:

Would there be a way to force a lot of highlight patches into a CMYK target
with targen? I'm thinking of combinations of 2% and 4%, like 2c 2m 2y and 4c
4m 4y, and so on. Would it be something I would manually add into the target
file? Would it work that way?

Manually adding patches to the .ti1 file is perfectly possible - if you look back in the archives a bit you'll see a discussion about it a couple of weeks ago.

The X,Y,Z values in the .ti1 are AFAIK not used for print profiling, so for your extra patches you can just set these fields to 0.

Making good choices for the patches is another matter entirely; targen does a *very* good job of distributing patches throughout the device space in order to gather maximum information.

I'm sure Graham can give you better insight than I can about which patch-choosing strategies have worked well...

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson