[argyllcms] Re: Monitor calibration

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 09:31:47 -0500

Don't confuse "Brightness" which is a perceptual construct with "Contrast".
Contrast is the control associated with Luminance -- not Brightness. I would
tend to disagree with what can be seen at a lower Luminance level for the
visual system is infinitely adaptable to light levels. I would not agree
with a statement like "less shadow details" at lower luminance, that's just
not true.

Roger