[argyllcms] Re: MS Windows and Cygwin compatibility

  • From: Kristian Jörg <krjg@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 17:34:25 +0100

Ok, great!

That was indeed the kind of confirmation I was hoping for.

Thanks!
/Kristian

Mike Windsor skrev 2012-01-25 17:14:

I use Argyll on Windows (along with the DispcalGUI frontend) and it works fine.

Graeme might want to comment further, but I think your characterisation of Argyll as a "Linux tool ported to Windows" is not accurate - my impression is that all the platforms it works on (Linux, Windows & OS X) are first class targets for the code: releases are simultaneous and support seems to be identical.

The workaround techniques you suggest are, I think, likely to introduce more problems than they might solve (although I don't think there are any problems to solve).

Mike

--
Med vänlig hälsning
Kristian Jörg