[argyllcms] MS Windows and Cygwin compatibility

  • From: Kristian Jörg <krjg@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 16:03:34 +0100

Hi,

I am looking into using Argyll CMS for my profiling needs. It seems Argyll CMS is a Linux based tool, with some MS Windows ports available. Windows is my preferred desktop OS for photo editing, so the question is how reliable the Windows port is? Are there any drawbacks or problems when using the tools in Windows compared to Linux.

Cygwin is also an option that I use already for other purposes, but it seems Argyll is not supported on Cygwin...?

If there are problems with Argyll on Windows, can it be run in a virtual Linux installation, e.g. VirtualBox - just to do the profiling and then copy the resulting ICC files to Windows? Or do it need to run natively on Linux?

/Kristian