[argyllcms] Re: MS Windows and Cygwin compatibility

  • From: Mike Windsor <puddytat1234@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 16:14:04 +0000

I use Argyll on Windows (along with the DispcalGUI frontend)
and it works fine.

Graeme might want to comment further, but I think your
characterisation of Argyll as a "Linux tool ported to Windows" is not
accurate - my impression is that all the platforms it works on (Linux, Windows
& OS X) are first class targets for the code: releases are simultaneous and
support seems to be identical.

The workaround techniques you suggest are, I think, likely to introduce more
problems than they might solve (although I don't think there are any problems
to solve).

Mike