[argyllcms] Re: Ink-limiting an existing profile

  • From: Oliver Schulz <whisp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 02:08:59 +0200

> Euroscale is out, ISOcoated is in.

Is ISOcoated a compatible replacement for Euroscale coated?
I ask cause my print-shop explicitely recommends to use
Euroscale coated v2 to separate for their press (I guess that
what they're calibrated for). Unfortunately, they also specify
an ink-limit of 310% for fast and 260% for overnight jobs
because of the short drying time.

> Some people from this list already calculated profiles from it, and may
> somebody could generate an profile with TAC310 from it, which could be
> integrated into Oyranos as a central place for manageing profiles ?

Still, the question of ink-limiting an existing profile remains,
there won't always be a ready-made one available. :-)

Oliver