[argyllcms] Re: Ink-limiting an existing profile

> With Argyll, I would do something like
>
>     icclink -v -qh -G -cpp -dpp -kt -l310 \
>         EuroscaleCoated.icc EuroscaleCoated.icc limit.icc
[...]
> generation for the new profile as in the original one (note, when
> creating a device link, -kt can be used, which which inherits the K
> level from the source profile as far as possible, but when creating an
> output profile from measurements, this is not an option).
> On the other hand, applying the above mentioned device link to the CMYK
> data after applying the original EuroscaleCoated profile will almost
> preserve the original personality of the Euroscale profile, and change
> it only as much as necessary to enforce the ink limiting.

Thanks a lot for all your information Gerhard!
This is exactly what i wanted - colorimetrically correct ink-limiting
while preserving black-generation as much as feasible.
(Well, in some cases reprofiling from measurements may be useful, of
course, to optimize the new profile for the input gamut.)

> But I also don't know a ready to use Argyll or lcms tool which can
> incorporate such a device link directly into the B2A tables of an
> existing profile (but it should indeed possible and not too complicated
> to develop one).

Hm, that anticipates my next question. So, no luck, it seems. :-)
Such a tool might make a nice addition to Argyll one day. ;-)

Thanks again,

Oliver