[argyllcms] Re: Ink-limiting an existing profile

Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:

But I also don't know a ready to use Argyll or lcms tool which can
incorporate such a device link directly into the B2A tables of an
existing profile (but it should indeed possible and not too complicated
to develop one).

I guess it wouldn't be that hard to create a utility to specifically apply an ink limit colorimetricaly to an existing profiles B2A table, at least with a "clip to nearest" type of response. Simply run through the output values in the table, and convert any over the ink limit value to PCS and back again, using the target ink limit, and setting the K target to be the same as the existing value. I'm not sure how much demand there is for such a specialized function though....