[argyllcms] Re: Ink-limiting an existing profile

  • From: Jan-Peter Homann <homann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 19:09:16 +0200

Hello Oliver
Euroscale is out, ISOcoated is in.

For the ISOcoated profile, free characterization-data (FOGRA27) are available at www.fogra.org.

http://www.fogra.org/products-en/icc1.html

Some people from this list already calculated profiles from it, and may somebody could generate an profile with TAC310 from it, which could be integrated into Oyranos as a central place for manageing profiles ?

:-) Jan-Peter

Oliver Schulz wrote:
Hi all.

I got a question: Is it possible to modify an
existing profile to adhere to a given ink limit (TAC)?

Example: I want to use the standard Euroscale Coated
profile, but my print shop specifies an ink-limit of
310% (which the standard Euroscale profile exceeds).
However, the print shop doesn't provide a custom
profile. Since i can't set the ink limit inside Scribus,
I guess I have to modify the profile, right?

It seems to me that revfix would be the tool to use,
but unfortunately revfix doesn't generate perceptual
intents.
Another possibility might be to generate measurement
data with fakeread and then reprofile, but that would
be quite complicated and don't know how close the
result would match the original. Plus, I'd have to
specify a completely new black generation.
Is there an easier way?

Thanks,
Oliver

homann colormanagement ------ fon/fax +49 30 611 075 18