[argyllcms] Re: IDE for development

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 23:43:31 +1000

Auke Nauta wrote:
> If you are interested in the build instructions (for Visual C++ 2010) please
> let me know. They
> might be useful for other users of your excellent utilities.

Hi,
        I can compile with MS VC++ 9, but the resulting binaries are not as
portable
as those from VC++6 due to all the SxS library requirements. MingW would produce
more portable executables, but VC++6 is a lot faster to compile than GCC or any
of the latter MS compiler. Unfortunately my attempts to compile with VC++10
have not been successful - I get lots of error of the form:

MSVCRT.lib(crtexe.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__EncodePointer@4 reference
 in function _pre_c_init
MSVCRT.lib(atonexit.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__EncodePointer@4
MSVCRT.lib(atonexit.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__DecodePointer@4 referen
ed in function __onexit

which I've not had much luck in tracking down (the wrong library being dragged
in ? Wrong
compile or link options ?)