[argyllcms] Re: IDE for development

  • From: "Auke Nauta" <auke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 16:31:54 +0200

Hi Graeme,

I also got many errors at first, but finally found a simple solution.
Here are the instructions (which work for me):

Building jam and ArgyllCMS tools using Visual C++ 2010:

1. Build jam
------------
Use the ArgyllCMS patched jam sources from here:
http://www.argyllcms.com/ajam-2.5.2-1.3.3.zip

Unpack the zip file and edit the "win32-visualc.mk" make file, removing the
libc dependency:
-  LINKLIBS = oldnames.lib kernel32.lib libc.lib
+  LINKLIBS = oldnames.lib kernel32.lib

Then, enter command line, move to the jam source folder and execute:
   "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\vcvars32"
   set VISUALC="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC"
   set JAM_TOOLSET=VISUALC
   nmake -f builds\win32-visualc.mk

2. Build the ArgyllCMS tools
Enter command line, move to the ArgyllCMS source folder and execute:
   "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\vcvars32"
   set VISUALC="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC"
   set JAM_TOOLSET=VISUALC
   jam

Note 1: jam refers to "bin.ntx86\jam.exe", NOT jam0.exe!
Note 2: Do not set the JAMBASE environment variable.

Greetings,
Auke