[argyllcms] Devicelink Black Generation

  • From: Fabrizio Levati <fabrizio.levati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 10:47:51 +0200

Hi all,
I am new to the list and quite new to Argyll, so I beg your pardon if I will
be asking dumb questions...
I am trying to create a devicelink profile to convert from ISOwebcoated to
ISOnewspaper (but could be any other kind of repurposing from one printing
press/process to another) and I am not able to tweak the black generation
without loosing the purity of the primaries.
Besides the CMY purity, what I am trying to achieve is to create a
devicelink with my own GCR and preserve the pure (100%) BLACK in the text.
Considering that even the ­kt option result in a ³contaminated² black text,
I am now wondering if and how this is possible.

Fabrizio