[argyllcms] Re: Devicelink Black Generation

  • From: "Martin Weberg" <martin.weberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 15:26:40 +0200

Hi Fabrizio!

Working as a prepress operator I recognize your problem. Customer aren't
allways after absolute color reproduction but are picky about dots/screens.
Keeping 100 percent colors are important in text and graphics, and not only
in primary and secondary colors. For example 5C 100M 80Y 0K could be
converted to something like 3C 100M 78Y 0K, but not 3C 94M 78Y 0K because
this creates paper white dots in magenta. This has nothing to do with color,
small text readablity (offset printing) and the designers taste (-There
should be no white dots here!).

A solution could be an option to preserve 100 percent channels and let the
other channels do the work comming as close as possible the colorimtric
conversion.

Martin Weberg