[argyllcms] Re: DTP41 and Linux

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <blackfive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 11:00:59 +0100

Hi Graeme,

Graeme Gill wrote:

    unfortunately I'm just about to leave on a plane,
and won't be able to look into this for a couple of days.

OK - no hurry :D

I did discover an issue on Linux/OSX a while back, in which
the type of serial read I was using had a buffer limit
that I wasn't aware of, and this caused problems when
reading back longish strip spectral data on the '41.
I can't recall if the fix for this is in the current
release, or the pending release.

OK - sounds like it could be the issue I'm seeing, certainly.

A source code snapshot of the pending release is on
the website if anyone is interested in investigating
in the meantime.

Thanks Graeme, I'll take a look, and report back :)

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson