[argyllcms] Re: DTP41 and Linux

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <blackfive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 15:38:00 +0100

Hi,

Graeme Gill wrote:

Hmm. Probably a good reason to use GNU style --options-that-go-on-forever-and-
you-cant't-remember-them-and-you-command-line-overflows, but I rather detest them,
so I won't.

LOL

To my mind, that kind of change is no big deal at present - as long as it's documented somewhere before the release. (Not just the new values, but the *fact* that it's changed).

On the other hand, it would be more of a problem if we were to get to the stage where people are building front-end applications that use Argyll as a backend.

(By the way, has anyone considered doing that?)

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson