[argyllcms] Re: Color management in google chrome

  • From: Magnus Berg <magnus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 20:39:51 +0200

> On 21.04.2012 17:29, Magnus Berg wrote:
>> It's good to have a web browser that show pictures with the correct
>> gamma and color then looking at others photographs on web sites.
>> Firefox doesn't. And it's a hard work to download every interesting
>> picture to a color managed picture editor.
> Heah?
>
> Works like a charm here.
> I hang out on photo forums where people occasionally forget to convert
> to sRGB and leave in images in Adobe RGB or ProPhoto.
> I only notice that when others who do not use a CM aware browser
> complain. To me the images look like they are intended to be viewed.
> Of course, that requires to configure FF appropriately first.
>
> cheers
> afx

Great, tell med hove you do!

Now I have set my monitor to the default wide gamut mode and made a
"curves + matrix" profile so there are a lot difference between color
managed applications like Geeqie, Gimp and Corel AfterShot Pro and
Firefox that I can't, after quite a lot of work, get to work with my
color profile. Tell me hove I should do it.

Magnus Berg