[argyllcms] Re: Color management in google chrome

  • From: "Fabrizio Giudici" <Fabrizio.Giudici@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Christian Mayer" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 17:34:33 +0200

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 16:52:27 +0200, Christian Mayer <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So it's sufficient if it's good enough. It's quality doesn't need to
be perfect - for that please use a graphics editor.

Well, strongly disagreed :-) We're not talking of what we're using, but what many people use. The fact that a browser is poor about CMM means that a lot of people can't enjoy properly high quality photos and forces people to publish stuff in sRGB to be safe. I don't see how there could be a performance problem nowadays with the current PCs, also considering that most people would look at small images published on the web.

At least Firefox could offer two alternate implementations, one for performance and one for quality.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."