[argyllcms] Re: Camera Profiling using ArgyllCMS

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 00:00:35 +0300

Another profile quality test:

xicclu -fif -g -ir profilemaker.icc
xicclu -fif -g -ir lprof.icc
xicclu -fif -g -ir argyll.icc

Let's compare the gray curves. I don't think that the camera have so uneven
response as in lprof profile characterized. There is the slightly better
situation in argyll profile, but 33-step CLUT is excessive in this case too.
You could try -qm and -ql parameters for argyll colprof instead of -qh.
I have a question, may be there is colprof -r parameter is useful with values
higher than 0.5, 2.5% for example? May be the profiling result will be more
even?