[argyllcms] Re: Camera Profiling using ArgyllCMS

  • From: "Pascal de Bruijn" <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 19:06:53 +0100

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 12:09 AM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
>>
>> The profile made with GretagMacbeth software seems a lot more natural. Am
>> I missing some option in Argyll? Or is this because Argyll isn't
>> primarily targeted
>> at making camera profiles?
>
> Sorry, but "a lot more natural" leaves little scope for investigation.
> Using what raster file ? Using what reference ? Used in what way ?
> (profiles are typically used in pairs to do device to device colorspace
> conversion). Used in what applications ? Evaluated on what criteria ?

The following archive should contain everything of interest:
http://files.pcode.nl/temp/argyll/canon_eos400d_testcase.zip

I'm using the profile in UFRaw (using LCMS). I'm testing the above profiles as
a camera input profile. I'm saving to sRGB using a perceptual
rendering intent, and
I'm using a display profile generated by ArgyllCMS (Using a X-Rite
Huey), also with
a perceptual rendering intent.

@Bob, I'd really appreciate it, if you could generate a profile using
Profile Prism, I'd