[argyllcms] Re: Camera Profiling using ArgyllCMS

  • From: "Pascal de Bruijn" <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 19:46:40 +0100

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Bob Coss <bobcoss@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Pascal,
>
> Do you have a final conclusion about what approach is working best for
> producing a camera profile using Argyll?
>
> Can you share which parameters you decided upon?

I've updated my article here:
http://blog.pcode.nl/

But this is the command-line that has been working the best for me:

# scanin -v -p -dip canon.tif it8.cht R080505.txt
# colprof -v -A "Canon" -M "EOS 400D" -D "Canon EOS 400D (daylight)"
-C "Copyright (c) 2008 Pascal de Bruijn. Some rights reserved."  -r 1
-q u -a S -n c canon

I have tried -a G as well, but a shaper seems to give better results.
Also there only a small difference between -a S and -a s, though a
single shaper looks slightly better to me.

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn