[argyllcms] Re: Calibrate a HCFR hardware

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 22:38:40 +1100

Frédéric Mantegazza wrote:

Ok. So, it means that you have 2 calibrations, one for LCD and one for CRT, am I right? Does the -y param switch from one to other?

Yes, just like the other colorimeters. A serious attempt at such calibration
would try and establish representative CRT and LCD spectral references,
rather than picking arbitrary ones (but then a serious attempt would
provide per instrument calibration too.)

As the final usage of that colorimeter is for projectors, do you think I should make the calibration on a projector (as argyll does not have a projector flag, I can use the LCD one, instead)?

You will always get the best possible calibration for a particular
display if calibrated using that display type.