[argyllcms] Re: Calibrate a HCFR hardware

  • From: Frédéric Mantegazza <frederic.mantegazza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 12:31:03 +0100

On dimanche 13 janvier 2008, Graeme Gill wrote:

> Frédéric Mantegazza wrote:

> > Graeme, could you explain the procedure to create the calibration data
> > you are using for the HCFR hardware? Is it possible to make that
> > calibration from a i1d2, or should I use a spectro (which I don't
> > have) to obtain correct results?
>
> Basically I create a set of test patch values, measure them with
> the HCFR and some reference instrument (ie. am i1d2 or a i1pro etc.),
> and then compute a matrix that best maps the HCFR raw RGB values to
> the XYZ. The matrix is only optimal for the particular instruments
> and display used to show the test values of course.
>
> I wrote a small utility to take in two .ti3 files and emit
> the appropriate matrix. I think for the Argyll HCFR driver
> I used the DTP94 as reference, and my particular (Hitachi) CRT
> and my Mac laptop for the LCD references.
> You would #define MEASURE_RAW in hcfr.c to output raw
> RGB instead of XYZ to capture in the .ti3 file.
> The .ti1 would be some selection of primaries, secondaries
> and other test values.

Ok. So, it means that you have 2 calibrations, one for LCD and one for CRT,
am I right? Does the -y param switch from one to other?

As the final usage of that colorimeter is for projectors, do you think I
should make the calibration on a projector (as argyll does not have a
projector flag, I can use the LCD one, instead)?

> I can mail you the utility program if you like.

Yes, please...

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org