[argyllcms] Re: Calibrate a HCFR hardware

  • From: Frédéric Mantegazza <frederic.mantegazza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 19:52:13 +0100

On dimanche 13 janvier 2008, Graeme Gill wrote:

> Basically I create a set of test patch values, measure them with
> the HCFR and some reference instrument (ie. am i1d2 or a i1pro etc.),
> and then compute a matrix that best maps the HCFR raw RGB values to
> the XYZ. The matrix is only optimal for the particular instruments
> and display used to show the test values of course.
>
> I wrote a small utility to take in two .ti3 files and emit
> the appropriate matrix. I think for the Argyll HCFR driver
> I used the DTP94 as reference, and my particular (Hitachi) CRT
> and my Mac laptop for the LCD references.
> You would #define MEASURE_RAW in hcfr.c to output raw
> RGB instead of XYZ to capture in the .ti3 file.
> The .ti1 would be some selection of primaries, secondaries
> and other test values.

How do I integrate the xyzfix resulting matrix in the hcfr.c code? What are
xmat and tmat in this file?

In what order do I have to call the .ti3 files in xyzfix?

BTW, as I can't make HCFR colorimeter work under linux, could send be a
pre-compiled version of dispwin (I guess I only need this one) compiled
with #define MEASURE_RAW, for windows (I'll make the calibration under
this OS)?

Thanks,

--
   Frédéric