[argyllcms] Re: Argyll CMS in Fedora (and Mandriva)

  • From: "C" <ml-argyllcms712@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "C." <ml-argyllcms712@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 16:28:46 -0800

Thank you very much for your insightful feedback, and on
the effort of packaging ArgyllCMS.

I rebooted after some presumably unrelated package updates
and after the reboot ArgyllCMS package was immediately
working for a non-root user on the first try.

So I think your suggestion was essentially accurate that it
just needed that sort of stimulus to activate the updated policy;
now it's all working fine.

Based on what I've seen so far the ArgyllCMS package is very
well functional and commendable for Fedora.  The only change
that seems useful would be either the kernel based HID blacklist
for Huey or the slightly modified udev rules file I posted
to make the HID unbinding work right (at least on my system).

Thanks again to Mr. Gil and all those
who've been contributing to the packaging efforts!

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Le samedi 22 décembre 2007 à 04:57 -0800, C a écrit :

I don't think I've rebooted / re-inited since I installed the
package FWIW.

You need to at least switch VTs so policikit rules come into effect. Or
log-out and re-login. And make sure the haldaemon and ConsoleKit
services are running.

I'm afraid I'm no policykit expert If that does not work you may try to
ask davidz on #fedora-desktop gimp.net irc channel for help. He's our
resident policykit expert (given he has written the thing).