[arachne] Re: password encryption

  • From: Rob <robo13@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:56:53 -0500 (CDT)

Doh! I forgot to put in the URL!

http://www.viste-family.net/mateusz/software/pbox/

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009, Rob wrote:

I thought I should post this for the security conscious on
the list. It's a console program for encrypting a list of
passwords, PINs, and such. It's a 128bit AES encryption. I
couldn't see on the website if that referred to the block
size or key size. Either way that would be decent encryption.
AES has been cracked before, but it's certainly beyond anything
a script kiddie could pull off. As far as I know, the U.S. gov.
and the NSA still use it for classified 'Secret' info. It's
available for DOS, Linux, and Windo$e.
Rob

Arachne at FreeLists -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --