[arachne]

  • From: wizard57m@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 05:52:51 -0000

Glenn,

Well, I see your ampersands ("at signs"), so it isn't a problem
with Arachne, SBCGlobal, nor Freelists per se.  I think some of
the problems Brian is experiencing, especially in the "download"
area, are due to something not right in his Options, Preference and
Performance.  Possibly pasting in the old A170R3 cfg file which
needed the trailing backslash has thrown everything off????
So, Brian, try using Arachne Internal editor, AND, press the letter
O ("oh") and check your preferences for paths, cache path, temp
files, and download directory.  Versions of Arachne after about
1.81 don't need the trailing backslash, IIRC.
Wiz  <{;-)
At 11/28/06 11:06:00 PM, you wrote:
>Arachne at FreeLists---The Arachne Fan Club!
>
>Testing paste-in of arachne.cfg
>
>It seems the every occurence of the 'at symbol' and the letter
>following it are being chopped-out of every paste-in of arachne.cfg
>that Brian has sent.
>
>If mine makes it through intact.. we'll know that Arachne,
sbcglobal.net
>and freelists are all A-OK.
>
>Connection @lh epppd.exe>>PPP.LOG
>Hangup @termin.com 0x60>NUL
>
>;Connection @cmd    ... command cmd will estabilish connection
>
>[dialer]
>Dialer @MINITERM.EXE>PPP.LOG
>TerminalWindow @MINITERM.EXE
>

>                  Arachne at FreeLists
>-- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --

Wizard57M
http://www.geocities.com/wizard57m/index.html