[arachne]

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:27:09 +1030

One of my friends claims that he cannot connect to the bulletin board at
http://www.docsplace.org/

Personally, I suspect he is not driving his Windoze computer properly.
However, to check it, I connected to the site, clicked on the "BBS
telnet" icon on the left and got connected to the BBS.

It asked me my first and last names, then told me I wasn't a registered
user, and asked if I wanted to register (y/n).

All straightforward so far. I typed "N" and hit return and telnet
appeared to exit, but restarted again at the login screen.

The same thing happened when I tried to Alt-X out of telnet.

Eventually I had to reset the computer to get out of it.

Has anyone else had this problem with telnet?

Is there a simple answer?

Greg