[arachne] Re: Spam

  • From: "Udo Kuhnt" <048321887-0001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 01:13:59 +0000

> Udo,
>  There is no need for return packets. The bogus
> email address, and IPaddress are there to cover
> their tracks. They want you to buy what they are
> selling, or to click on the URLs within the email.
> Rob

I do not think that any Internet connection can be established without
receiving packets. For each packet sent out, there is an acknowledgement
sent back. Fail to react to the handshaking protocol and the connection
is terminated. TCP/IP does not differ from other protocols in that
aspect.

You might be able to setup a server that uses forged sub net addresses,
but the server itself must have a valid address, otherwise it would not
be able to communicate with other servers.

Regards,

Udo

-- The DR-DOS/OpenDOS Enhancement Project - http://www.drdosprojects.de

-- This mail was written by a user of The Arachne Browser - http://arachne.cz/