[arachne] Re: Off Topic - LINUX

  • From: "Udo Kuhnt" <048321887-0001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:57:24 +0000

Hi L.D.,

if you want to learn how to use Linux, and do not want to buy a
bakery just because you want to eat a cake, I would recommend you get
DOSLinux, or LoopLinux, as it is called now. It is a minimal Linux that
starts out very small (23 MB), but can be extended by downloading
packages from the Internet. Linux probably does not get any simpler
than that, so it would be a good choice. I have it sitting on my
harddisk for several years now, and found it capable of doing anything
that I need Linux to do. Best of all, it can be installed on a DOS
partition, so it neither needs a boot manager nor fiddles with your
partition layout. And you can start it by simply running a batch file
whenever you need it.

Regards,

Udo

-- The DR-DOS/OpenDOS Enhancement Project - http://www.drdosprojects.de