[arachne] Re: New Arachne 1.90

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 13:27:11 +1030

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 00:11:50, Bastiaan Edelman, PA3FFZ wrote:

> I can confirm this as I had to use the arachne.cfg of version 1.61 to
> have 1.90 dialing in.
> The wizzard did not correctly install the dialing in :-(

I have found the safest way is to use the MS-DOS command
    XCOPY C:\ARACHNE\*.* C:\A-OLD /S
to save the whole of the Arachne directory and its
subdirectories, then to install the new version over the old one.

That way the installer will (usually) make only those changes to
the config files that are needed to support the new version.

And if it doesn't work, the old version can be easily restored.

.   ,-./\
.  /     \     from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
.  \_,-*_/     "Queen City of The South"    34:55 S  138:36 E
.       v