[arachne] New Arachne 1.90

  • From: "Brian C. Murphy" <BCMURPHY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "INTERNET:arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 00:06:26 -0400

When I configured the latest mainfestation of A190 GPL, I found that it was
extremely buggy.  I had to revise a log of Arachne.CFG using coding from
much earlier versions and even then it did not work well, was extremely
slow even with a RAM drive, and I believe would not upload files on line (I
will have to recheck that when time permits)  Meantime the old reliable
A170R3 works well and I have configured A173 which also seems to work well.
 I will be systematically re-checking the remaining GPL versions and taking
notes of performance and will uplod my finding to this list.  (That will
take awhile, so don't hold your breath.)