[arachne] My Gopher Hole

  • From: "Samuel W. Heywood" <sheywood@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Arachne Fan Club" <Arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 12:10:49 -0500

Hello Fellow Arachne Fans:

I just want everyone on this list to know that I have a gopher hole
that all of you can get into and ferret out any files you might want
to get from there.  The folks on the old Arachne List at Coollist.com
already know about it.  To get into to my gopher hole with Arachne
go here:

gopher://sdf.lonestar.org:70/1/1/users/sheywood

To get into it by using Lynx386 go here:

gopher://sdf.lonestar.org/11/users/sheywood

On the gopher menu there is a directory having many DOS programs and also
some text files of interest to DOS users.

Amomg the things which many of you might find of interest there is the
complete King James Version of the Holy Bible.  It comes provided with
a most excellent "search-and-ye-shall-find" engine that you can use for
finding words and phrases in the scriptures.  Also the program menu will
be displayed with some very nice ANSI colors if you want to set it up
for doing that.  Some very easy to understand instructions for doing that
are provided with the program documentation.  In my opinion this program
is the very best King James Version of the Bible that has ever been
published in digital form.  Also it is among the very few KJV Bible
versions that have been published for DOS.  I have looked at many other
KJV Bible programs and I have concluded that this one might be the very
best one that is out there.  This one is public domain freeware, not
shareware.  I don't think you can get this one from any www site.  I have
looked for it on the world-wide-web and I couldn't find it out there.  As
far as I know it is available for download only from underground places
such as gopher holes.  The download is only 1,505,069 bytes.  In using the
search engine you must take care to use only the king's English spellings.
For example, if you wanted to look for all the places where the phrase
"love thy neighbour" appears in the Bible, you must spell the word
"neighbour" just like the speakers of the king's English spell it.  BTW,
the phrase occurs in only two places in the Bible.

Other things of interest that you can ferret out of my gopher hole is
a boot disk image file for DR-DOS, version 7.02.  Also there is a text
file on the site where you can read instructions on how to create a
DR-DOS v. 7.02 boot disk from the disk image file.  In addition there is
a text file in my gopher hole which describes an ftp site where you may
download complete DR-DOS versions.

There is also a whole lot more there which would be of interest to DOS
users.  You all are quite welcome to go there to explore and to ferret
out whatever you want.  Also you all may write to me by private email
to comment about the site and to make suggestions and to ask me questions
about the files and programs you find there.  Also feel free to post
messages on this mailing list with your comments and questions about my
gopher hole.

Sam Heywood
-- This mail sent via the Arachne Browser, GPL version 1.83 Beta

Arachne at FreeLists
-- Arachne, The Web Browser/Suite for DOS and Linux --