[arachne] Re: Linux (was: Working (OT storms brewing))

  • From: Steve <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:19:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Cristian Burneci wrote:

> ..the graphical Links are from the same category. Lin[ks]
> does understand a limited JavaScript subset.

  Wow!  I was just looking through the FreeBSD
/usr/ports/*/pkg-descr, and discovered that modern links
already comes with graphics capabilities.  Just invoke with
'links -g [url]'.

  From your description, I thought it was a separate program
rather than a built in function.  In fact neither links 0.98
(the one I have on my Linux box) nor links 0.99 (the one on
my wife's Linux box) has graphics capabilities.

  In the old days, I might have thought how bloated it is,
but at 2.8MB, I guess that's not too bad these days for a
browser that'll run in text mode on the console, and either
text or graphics mode in X.

--
Steve Ackman
http://twoloonscoffee.com       (Need beans?)

Arachne at FreeLists
-- Arachne, The Web Browser/Suite for DOS and Linux --