[arachne] Re: How to remove attachments ?

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 17:32:42 +1030

On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 22:03:28 -0500, Jason Dodd wrote:

> After.  It wasn't her fault so much.  She didn't learn to drive until
> she came to the US and was still too afraid to make left turns without a
> light with an arrow.  I have way more  'wierdness' than she did so I
> didn't give her too much grief over it.

This conversation had me wondering what all the fuss was about
until I remembered that in America everyone drives on the right
side of the road, unlike Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Japan
and a couple of other enlightened countries (that I can't
remember right now) where we drive on the left side of the road.

So your left turn is the equivalent of our right turn, across the
oncoming traffic.

There was some debate about this when the early plans for the
Channel Tunnel (the Chunnel) between Britain and france were for
it to be used for motor traffic.

To avoid confusion, someone proposed that the traffic leaving
Britain should travel on the left and that leaving France should
travel on the right.

Hmmmm.... that might even have worked if it was a double tunnel
with a twist somewhere along it.

.   ,-./\
.  /     \     from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
.  \_,-*_/     "Queen City of The South"    34:55 S  138:36 E
.       v