[arachne] Re: How to remove attachments ?

  • From: Jason Dodd <jasorn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 07:26:01 -0500

My first wife was so afraid of making left turns when there was no left turn light, she actually would do that :)

Eric S. Emerson wrote:

glennmcc,
That's like my car that can't make left turns so I have to plot a route to work that only requires
right turns. It takes me half an
hour to get to work. That may not
seem so bad until you consider that
I only work one block from home
and 3 left turns away. There is
a button to attach files....
why isn't there a button to
detach them ? <ggg>

Eric

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 10:40:58 -0500, Glenn McCorkle wrote:

As you may already know.

Attachments do not get auto-added to replies or fowards.

So.......... simply forward the message to yourself,
delete the original message and save the forwarded one.

On ?, Eric S. Emerson wrote:

arachne4dos @coollist.com General List ----------------

Hi Greg M.,
Yeh, that's the only way I know
to do it too. It seems to me if one can
attach files then one OUGHT to be able
to detach files in some simple way.
Yet, I can find no directions or
buttons to detach attachments in any
of my e-mail software. <:-(
Why is that ? ... Am I the only one
who has ever decided an attachment
was inappropriate and wanted to
remove it ?? <ggg>

Eric

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 06:33:43 +1000, Eric S. Emerson wrote:

arachne4dos @coollist.com General List ----------------

Anyone,

Is there an easy way to remove attachments
from e-mails before archiving them ?

AFAIK the _only_ ways are as follows:

1. Shell to DOS and use an editor to cut the code for the attachment
from the email, then exit to Arachne and save what's left of the
message as usual.

OR

2. Save a text copy of the email.

-- This mail was written by a user of the Arachne Browser - http://arachne.cz/

Arachne at FreeLists -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --

Arachne at FreeLists -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --