[analogorgans] Re: My 330 moving adventure

  • From: barcand@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:06:19 -0500 (CDT)

Jack,
That's why I hesitate every time I open up the Cambridge 220.  What's even
more scary is when you're working on a 50,000 watt FM transmitter and you
get something in the wrong place and draw a 3 inch arc that sounds like a
shotgun!  I guess that's why I quit that business, not wanting to die of
heart failure.
Could you determine exactly the spot that arced when your wings were put
back?  Do you have a manual to trace out the Sfzd circuit?  I love the
Sfz...although that alone is not "wife friendly" when she is present.  I
wanted to see just what those two 100 watt amps and speaker cabinets would
do, so when she was gone, I ear-plugged up...and "opened it up".
Unfortunately, one of the speakers was up against the stairway wall, and I
developed a fairly large plaster crack right behind the speaker, on the
other side of the wall.  Sure blows your hair back a lot better than the
Moller Artiste Pipe Oprgan I had!

Good luck in tracking down the problem...

Bernie in ND